Seek Out and Research For Each Job Opportunity
Many employers view an applicant’s research of a company as one of the critical factors in their hiring decision.
Tips For Carrying Out Effective Research
It is important to analyse each job opportunity so you know how to approach the company. Every application you submit should be unique, this will give you the best chance of making a positive impression in a competitive market.
- Use a small notebook to record relevant information on each company to which you plan to submit a resume.
- Collect names of contacts and companies you want to research.
- Find out the company’s mission statement or its company profile.
- Find out what the standard procedure is for applying to the company.
- Find out if there any openings now.
- If a resume is emailed to the company find out what format it should be in (Word, PDF etc.).
Free Tools And Resources To Help You Conduct Effective Research
Here is a Tool to Research Each Opportunity.
Does the direction you want your career to go in match that of your organization and the opportunities your are considering?
Links To Resources and Service Providers To Assist You With Your Job Search And Employment Opportunities
Australian Employment Guide: Australian Employment Guide has been designed to help the complete novice, through to the employment expert by offering on a range of subjects within the Australian employment industry. www.employmentguide.com.au/